Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

UnpublishedAuthors - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* UnpublishedAuthors > Topics

Subject: First novel
Replies: 10 Views: 852

driverii 25.02.09 - 11:23am
I've been writing a comedy scifi for 3 yrs now in my spare time. I'm thinkin I've got 3 books worth when its finished. Lol. Its just so complicated i can't condense it without losing a lot of the humour. Think a lord of the rings length story... Crossed with hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. Any advice on how to cope with 4 interwoven plot lines would be great *

driverii 29.06.09 - 09:58pm
After careful deliberation and regular bouts of head scratching and dozens of rewrites I've now decided to completely seperate the 4 story lines and split them between the 3 books... All 4 coming together in the final book. Think it'll make an entertaining read when ya don't really have a clue whats goin on til the final book. Only problem is i know whats gonna happen and i wonder whether an unknowing reader will be intrigued enough to follow it thro... Havin said that i do think each story line can stand on its own. *

shadow27 30.06.09 - 08:12am
Sounds intriguing. I don't have the skills to write anything of that length. That is a rarely used idea though, the three stories merging into a fourth. The 'Incarnations of immortality' series was a bit like that, knowing that the stories were seperate yet somehow intertwined made me want to keep reading. *

driverii 30.06.09 - 09:46pm
Cool... Thats what i'm hoping. I honestly think i have this one great story in me.. It is an epic and altho its a comedy it answers a lot of life's mysteries in an original way. If its ever finished and published i'm pretty confident it'll make me rich Lol thing is i know i could never write another book after. Its very complicated and difficult and i wouldn't wanna write somethin simple. *

shadow27 1.07.09 - 09:46am
If Douglas Adams (supreme procrastinator that he was) could do it, anyone can lol *

gr4ce 5.07.09 - 05:42pm
Hello! Great idea to split the plots into seperate books. Perhaps you need to PICK ONE to focus on, write it, then trust someone to read it or have it professionally edited. Think you need to conclude the main plot in each book so that the reader does not feel cheated, but leave enough unanswered questions in the subplots to hook them into reading the others. You can always add unexpected twists to previous conclusions in book 4. *

driverii 6.07.09 - 02:02pm
Yeah thats what i'm doin for sometime now grace. Lol. And shadow douglas adams is my inspiration. Love his sense of humour. Mine is a bit different. While his plots were just silly with very little believable explanations for the odd happenings i like to have stuff based on factual and theoretical s science with silly results *

gr4ce 12.07.10 - 09:55am
Hows the book coming along driverii? *

stnkhorn 19.07.10 - 08:33pm
Sounds pretty cool, any chance of a free copy when it's done? :D *

driverii 20.07.10 - 08:53am
Might be a long wait. I'm currently re writing whole sections. Thing is i'm a better writer now and some stuff i wrote yrs ago just isn't up to scratch in my opinion. *

gr4ce 22.07.10 - 09:52am
Let me edit it for you grin.GIF *

* UnpublishedAuthors Forum

Search:
topics replies

* UnpublishedAuthors

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits