Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

UnpublishedAuthors - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* UnpublishedAuthors > Topics

Subject: Short story
Replies: 6 Views: 975

maxum 28.11.09 - 03:53pm
Im beginning work on a short story once I finish typing this stuff excited.GIF. Alot of the idea, I got from shadow kudos good.GIF. Anyway, it's a tale of vengeance set in 17th century venice, if the city exsisted in that time period? Hve to research it since I'd rather hve the setting be 14th century venice chin.GIF. *

maxum 28.11.09 - 03:57pm
A common, simple minded city dweller, contracts vampirism by cutting his finger on a vamp tooth he picks up, from a freshly executed/burnt vamp corpse. *

maxum 28.11.09 - 04:03pm
The transition from man to vampire is a swift one nd the man feels something he has never felt b4, bloodlust in the figurative sense. His sister was killed nd he inherits the memories of the vamp who infected him. Nd discovers the whereabouts of the murderer. Thoughts, comments nd insults most welcome good.GIF2thumbsup.GIFgood.GIF *

shadow27 29.11.09 - 12:12am
Venice has been around for quite some time, i'm pretty sure it was there in the 1500s. That sounds really interesting the memory transferance thing, it opens up a whole range of possibilities: telling the story from multiple points of view.. and since he inherits the memories of that one maybe it goes further back in a chain to the earliest vampires (but these memories wouldn't be accessible all the time) Hmmm how far back do they go anyway? Prehistoric times? Maybe the first vampire was some outcast shaman who got involved with bad magic.. I think it sounds good it has alot of potential. *

maxum 29.11.09 - 07:44am
Thanks, I didn't consider the origins of vampirism when I thought about the transference. Did some wiking nd found the ideal site 4 the contraction nd executions. chin.GIFconfuse.GIF Think im doing too much research 4 this story, but it feels strangly rewarding happy3.GIF. *

driverii 30.11.09 - 12:54am
Sounds interesting... Yeah venice has been there since 11th century at least. i'm pretty sure. One tip tho... Don't tell anyone the theme cos if its truly original someone may steal it. Lol. Yeah its great fun writing. You'll get to a point where ya just have to write cos ya wanna know how it ends. *

shadow27 30.11.09 - 02:09pm
Yeah like maybe it grew into a tribe of people who took to blood drinking.. they'd raid some other 'enemy' tribe and steal some people, then either drain them then and there or carry them off and use them like cattle. Maybe that's how the vampire myth became so widespread because there were people who actually used to do it.. and then there were the survivors. Interweave anthropology, history and myth.. mix it up until the reader is convinced that what you're writing about could actually be true. *

* UnpublishedAuthors Forum

Search:
topics replies

* UnpublishedAuthors

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits